Idaho Parents Unlimited is Hiring!
Parent Education Coordinator
Idaho Parents Unlimited, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides training, resources, support, and one to one assistance for parents of children with disabilities and special health care needs, as well as accessible and inclusive arts programming is seeking a Parent Education Coordinator in the Boise office. This position is to provide assistance via one-to-one phone calls or emails to parents of children with disabilities and/or special healthcare needs and the professionals who serve them. This position also requires the ability to provide training, workshops, and support to parents, professionals, and youth both in-person and online.
- Must represent Idaho Parents Unlimited and its guiding principles.
- Must have strong knowledge of and experience with Idaho Special Education and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act as well as experience with health systems including Medicaid, Developmental Disabilities, and Behavioral Health.
- Must have an understanding of family-centered care, family-engagement, and the importance of parent and professional collaboration.
- Must have the ability to respond effectively to changes and challenges and make effective adjustments where and when necessary.
- Public speaking and presenting to large and small audiences in person and virtually is required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly resourceful and self-motivated.
- Must maintain daily confidential records of communication and interactions with families and professionals using our cloud-based database.
- Must be professional and adhere to privacy laws and ethical guidelines.
- Must be able to function in a flexible work environment that will include different locations and may require working from home.
- Must be able to operate a variety of up-to-date technology and systems with which to perform daily duties.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively and respectfully with a broad range of people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- This position will be working from our Boise office, however due to current pandemic restrictions, applicants must have the ability to set up a confidential, professional home office.
While the general position hours are set between 9-5 on weekdays, due to training workshops and regional or national meetings and conferences, the position requires flexibility and will include evenings, weekends, and extensive travel both in-state and out-of-state (when not in pandemic lockdown).
Job is full-time, 40 hours per week.
How to apply:
Parents of children with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply
Bilingual in English / Spanish is a plus
Idaho Parents Unlimited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion.
This position will remain open until filled.